Monday 31 October 2011

Research into Channel Logos

As with our soap opera logos, we also need to create our own channel logo. Since we agreed that our channel will be called 'DECS', I need to create a short but professional logo so that the audience can easily recognise our production company. By looking at various other existing channels, I will be able to see what ours should consist of and what I need to create a unique and creative logo. 









After evaluating these logos, I will use the logo for ITV and MTV as my main inspiration. This is because ITV broadcasts Emmerdale, a similar soap opera in terms of settings and target audience, and because MTV is more modern, aimed at teenagers or young adults which is close to our target audience. It is important that our channel logo connotes to the audience that our channel caters for a range of audiences and I think a combination of these two logos will help me produce the best ideas.